Amsterdam is a beautiful city of cobblestoned streets, bikes, beautiful architecture and canals. There is so much to photograph – but sometimes too much to choose from! Join Charlotte and see Amsterdam with a new pair of eyes. We will be looking for, and photographing the unseen Amsterdam! The one right there in front of us, but that which you need to slow down to see.
Capture the vibrant colours of riverboat reflections with abstract creativity. Try your hand at Intentional Camera Movement (ICM) and create unique, almost sketch-like records of the city architecture. Or simply take the time to focus on capturing the details.
This is a chance to go beyond a ‘tourists snap shot’ of this beautiful city, and to create images that hold emotion and feelings. Unique small pieces of art that will portray the city as only you remember it.
Join International award-winning abstract and fine art professional photographer Charlotte Bellamy for this unique opportunity to view Amsterdam through new eyes.
- If you would like to be guided through this beautiful city, and to be encouraged and supported to explore your creativity through your camera, this is a wonderful opportunity.
- Get a chance to experience Amsterdam with an award-winning fine art photographer and get insights on abstract photography to come up with unique and creative images
- Anyone with a desire to capture this city in a creative style.
- Anyone with any camera – even just a phone (with the right app)
- Anyone interested in fine art abstract photography
- Get insights and tips into creative fine art photography in one of the most photogenic cities in the world
- Get a guided tour of Amsterdam by an International award winning fine art abstract photographer.
- Tailored to your creativity and photography level.
- Open to photographers of all levels including camera phone photographers
Meet in front of the main doors to the Central station. The building has two side towers and a central tower as you stand looking at it. It is in front of the central tower that we meet.
- A camera that has the ability to manually control shutter speed, Aperture. and ISO.
- Alternatively, a phone with 2 recommended apps.
- Neutral density filters if you have them.
- Tripod (though one can be provided)
- A good bag to carry camera equipment and a bottle of water so that both your hands are free for photography.
- We will be travelling at a slow pace so suitable for all who can comfortably walk 3km.
- The roads are mostly cobbled, so suitable high heels or flip flops are not recommended.
You can view Amsterdam creatively in many ways; but If you wish to explore ICM photography with me, we do use slower shutter speeds for this. A camera capable of higher F. and low ISO is necessary. If you have ND filters these are really useful to maximise the results on bright days.
» Charlottes Creative Portfolio