Join renowned London based Urban Night Photographer; Charlotte Gilliatt on a unique experience shooting some of London’s darkest, eeriest and most atmospheric courtyards and passageways at the dead of night. This is not a tour of the classic London tourist sites but something very different. Expect plenty of dark, eerie alleyways, gaslights, and cobbled streets, a secret London that evokes atmosphere and a sense of foreboding. Such places still exist if you know where to find them.
Our transport for the night, a classic London Black Cab transporting us in style to each location throughout the night.
- Discover an atmospheric London seldom seen with an experienced night photography expert and Londoner.
- Get to grips with the basics of night photography and demystify the techniques required to capture the mood, magic, and atmosphere of these eerie locations.
- A unique opportunity to shoot scenes in London that visitors wouldn’t normally see or believe still existed.
Visiting photographers of all levels and experience who want to shoot the atmosphere and mood of ‘old London’ at the dead of night. The experience will mostly suit visitors who want to shoot urban landscapes at night.
- After you are picked up in a classic London Cab, we make our way to the heart of the city to shoot some gas lit alleyways in the Fleet Street area.
- Back in the cab to another location, this time just across the River Thames to the south and Bermondsey, grabbing some refreshments along the way near Smithfield.
- Another short cab ride to the notorious East End as we stop at various locations within Spitalfields with a very infamous past
- Yet more gaslights and cobbled alleyways before dropping you back for some well-earned sleep.
Will be confirmed at time of booking
Digital or Film camera, Tripod, Lenses ranging from 24-105mm, Remote Shutter Release is useful. Warm, comfortable clothing and footwear. Wet weather clothes.
Included: Tuition and guidance from Charlotte Gilliatt. Transport throughout the night.
Excluded: Refreshments and Insurance
Pick up at 23:00 hrs and finish approximately 05:00 hrs the following morning.