Capture the essence of Berlin’s Mitte districts with a street photography pundit and Berlin native
Berlin is a wonderful playground for street photography. This experience takes you to some of Berlin’s most iconic locations that are a harmonious mix of heritage, culture, and visual character, all within a compact time frame. During the approx. 5 hours of this experience, you will cover the Government Mitte, the Mitte-Mix, and the New Mitte districts, observing nuanced human interactions and behaviors in Berlin’s urban environment. Work directly with Martin U Waltz, a street photography master as he incorporates the human condition, architecture, lines, shapes, and textures of Berlin into compelling frames.
- Get local insights, historical context, and rich visual pointers on Berlin as you look to make pronounced and poignant street images in this city’s urban landscape
- Work side-by-side with an eminent photograher and educator, who has called Berlin his “home and office” for over 35 years and seen it evolve and unfold over the decades
- Take your image-making and visual storytelling to a level that goes beyond touristy postcards and Instagram shots and benefit from Martin’s initial review of your work (pre shooting) and quick feedback (post shooting)
- Cover a lot of Berlin’s epochal locations in its Mitte districts in a relatively short time frame
This experience is for any casual, emerging or advanced photographer interested in street, architecture or urban photography and will particularly suit visitors to Berlin looking to maximize their time with a long-term Berlin expert and photography mentor.
- Get your work reviewed through an initial portfolio review to enhance your style, find your eye, and improve your Berlin photos (this is optional and up to you, of course)
- Enrich your understanding and visual representation of some of Berlin’s iconic sites — Potsdamer Platz, Brandenburg Gate, the Government District and other locations in Berlin Mitte — with historical context and nuanced observations along with a long-term Berlin native in a very compact time frame, something you are unlikely to be able to do on your own
- Create personable and memorable “portfolio worthy” images as Martin enhances your visual voice or helps you develop one to portray “Your” Berlin – a city noted for its creativity, freedom, and grungy attitude
Potsdamer Platz, Berlin
Any camera and lens will do, even a smartphone is fine.
Low to Medium – a fair bit of walking is involved for several hours at a leisurely pace
You have the opportunity to get your work reviewed both before and after this experience. Details will be shared on the process once a booking has been made.