Do you dream of capturing New York’s breathtaking skyline and iconic landmarks from up in the air?
New York is one of the most photographed cities on the planet, yet only a few are able to capture those timeless aerial shots of this quintessential cityscape. This experience takes you soaring at roughly 2,000 ft. in an open-door chopper custom-built for aerial photography with an award-winning NYC photographer.
This aerial experience over New York City is unique and memorable in its own right, designed with specific photographer needs in mind. A few reasons to include this experience during your NYC visit, or your weekend if you are a local:
- Shoot with an award-winning photographer whose NYC aerial work won her the Leica Homecoming Contest as part of Leica’s opening of their new headquarters in Wetzlar, Germany
- 60 mins of actual flying time over NYC’s most iconic spots, compared to the 20-25 mins offered on other chartered tours
- No shared windows or middle seats – you get the entire chopper with your own open-door shooting spot
- Flying times and flight path optimized (as much as possible within FAA regulations) to get you the best shooting angles and locations – nothing is rushed or cookie cutter about this
Whether you are a New Yorker or a visitor, this is your chance to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Anybody with a spark for capturing the essence of the Big Apple will love this ride (pun intended) and come out with striking images.
A one-hour pre-flight briefing with Cheryl to go over:
- sample images and discussing your preferences
- guidance on lens selection and camera settings
- best angles and key aerial locations to shoot
- tips on handling gear in the chopper for safety
- planning the flight path
A one-hour flight experience that usually includes:
- Lower Manhattan and the One World Trade Center
- East River and Hudson River
- Empire State Building
- Chrysler Building
- Roosevelt Island
- Governor’s Island
- Central Park
- Midtown and Times Square
- Statue of Liberty
*** Please note that changes in flight path can occur at short notice due to FAA regulations. These cannot be anticipated in advance.
Flights will depart from Linden, New Jersey. Participants are responsible for their own travel to and from the departure terminal. Please be sure to report to the departure terminal 75 minutes prior to your assigned flight time. This will be communicated to you after your booking confirmation. Late arrivals will forfeit the flight.
DSLR or mirrorless camera with your preferred lenses. A normal range zoom lens (e.g., 24-70mm) and a telephoto zoom lens (70-200mm) are suggested. Please note that no lens caps, filters or other accessories are allowed in flight. No battery or lens changes will be permitted in flight, you may bring an additional camera body with your second lens attached to it. Please ensure that your battery is fully charged to last the entire duration of the shoot (approx. 1 hour).
- Please submit booking requests at least 7 days prior to your desired experience date
- You must be at least 12 years of age to fly, valid photo ID (passport, driver’s license, state ID) is required
- You must weigh less than 210 lbs including your gear, else an additional $150 charge applies. Seating assignments are done by weight.
- Please be aware that all flights are subject to weather conditions and FAA regulations, so last-minute changes or cancellations can happen. In such events, we will do our best to rebook the flight at the earliest available date. Refunds are not provided.
- Open door flights are extremely windy, so dress appropriately.
- People with long hair need to wear a hair tie. No loose items such as hats or sunglasses that may come off are permitted in flight
- Shoes must be tightly laced or strapped, no flip flops or sandals are permitted