Would you like to photograph iconic Paris through a new lens — literally?
Discover famous monuments and gardens around the Eiffel Tower through an introduction to infrared photography, an exciting technique that lets you see beyond the visible and create out-of-the-world, dreamy landscape images. Join award-winning professional photographer, Pierre-Louis Ferrer and learn from his IR and UV photography expertise on this eye-opening tour of Paris as you get a first-hand introduction to digital infrared photography.
- An all-inclusive introduction to infrared photography, where participants will be provided with modified cameras and specific filters, including classic infrared and dual-band filters.
- A pedagogic approach led by the best French infrared photographer.
- A unique way to mix architectural monuments and nature with dreamy colors at iconic locations in Paris that show them in a completely different light.
This experience is for photographers looking to learn infrared photography without an expensive investment in dedicated gear. You will learn all aspects of IR photography from the theoretical approach to the post-processing step while shooting outdoors. In this experience, participants will also discover some famous spots around the Eiffel Tower in a new perspective where nature and gardens are as important as the monuments.
This experience comprises of the following steps:
- Theoretical training to understand how infrared photography works and what its specificities are.
- Outdoor shooting along a beautiful course, from the gardens of the Invalides to the Bir-Hakeim bridge through the Champ de Mars, the Eiffel Tower, the front of the Branly museum and the gardens of Trocadero.
- Indoor post-processing training based on the pictures participants take during the experience.
- Participants will receive their RAW files by WeTransfer link after the experience.
Meeting point is in front of the Invalides, along the Tourville avenue: https://goo.gl/7CnLVe
Do not bring with you dangerous gear or tripod. Some places of this tour will require to be searched by security.
This experience will require a medium level of physical activity: we will walk approximately 5km.
This tour provides modified cameras and SD cards, the participants will need good shoes and can bring their own laptop in option for the post-processing part.